Review of Each of the Best Elongated Toilets
Which elongated toilets should you look into? Here are 10 of our top recommendations:
1. WOODBRIDGE T-0019, Dual Flush Elongated One Piece Toilet
Modern toilets may have a different vibe but it doesn’t mean that they’re less comfortable than your traditional picks. The Woodbridge T-0019 Dual Flush Elongated One Piece Toilet is good proof of this. With a seat length of 18”, it can nicely distribute your weight on its large surface.
Like other Woodbridge toilets, this product promises great value for your money, too. It comes with a friendlier price tag compared to other well-known brands so it can be a good option for those who are budget-conscious. You won’t be skimping too much with it, though, as it’s very solidly built. This is a must for one-piece toilets, so you’re well-covered in that regard.
It also performs well. With a siphon flushing action and a fully glazed trapway, it’s effective in pushing down waste without needing to use a lot of water in the process. In fact, it’s rated to use 1GPF for half flushes and 1.6 GPF for full flushes. These are way less than what older toilets use.
Its appearance is a great plus, too. Lots of sleek, one-piece toilets nowadays come with pretty hefty price tags so this one is a nice affordable alternative.
Features at a glance
- One-piece, skirted trapway design guarantees ease of cleaning and a very modern look.
- Dual-flush configuration with a rating of 1/1.6 GPF so you can easily cut down your water consumption with it.
- Siphon flushing with a fully glazed trapway delivers powerful and effective flushing.
- Comfortable seat height at 16.5” so it’s easy to sit in on and get up from.
- The soft-closing toilet seat will make your trips to the bathroom less stressful as it won’t easily slam down even if you forget to put it down.
2. KOHLER K-3999-0 Highline Comfort Height two-piece elongated
For those who are after a fuss-free pick, the Kohler K-999-0 Highline Comfort Height Two-Piece Elongated Toilet may be an interesting choice. With a seat length of 17”, it can already provide enough room for most folks to sit comfortably while they do their business.
As an option from one of the widely known manufacturers of bathroom and kitchen fixtures, you can expect a lot from the Kohler K-999-0. It has the same solid construction that the brand is known for, so if you’re interested in Kohler, this can be worth a shot.
Its performance can also help win you over. With its Class Five flushing system, it can effectively push waste down without using a lot of water. It has a 1.28 GPF rating so it’s guaranteed to be water efficient.
It’s also effective in preventing clogs and can also work in areas with low water pressure. These make it a very compelling pick for those who want something that will eliminate many of the issues they may currently have with their toilet.
Features at a glance
- The Two-piece, exposed trapway design offers a traditional look.
- Single-flush configuration with a 1.28GPF rating ensures low water consumption.
- Class Five flushing system promises top-notch bulk flushing performance with the help of a large flush valve and a direct feed jet.
- 5” floor-to-seat height before a toilet seat so it can still provide similar benefits to an ADA-compliant toilet.
3. American Standard 288AA114.020 H2 Optimum
Looking for a low-flush toilet? Check out the American Standard 288AA114.020 H2 Optimum with its 1.1 GPF rating. This product only has a single-flush design but uses so little water to get rid of waste so it might just be what you need.
With more and more cities requiring homeowners to use more water-efficient fixtures like toilets, the H2Optimum can be a quick solution for most households. Despite using a small amount of water, it flushes nicely, so you don’t have to worry about clogs.
To further boost its water efficiency is its PowerWash Rim technology. This feature ensures that the water it releases upon flushing is pressurized so it can scrub the surface of the bowl. As a result, every flush won’t just get rid of solid waste but it will also clean your bowl, reducing the need to scrub it manually.
Like the Kohler item above, this pick has a more classic look to it so it can also be a great choice if you’re not looking into something very fancy. The price is very friendly, too, especially with its water efficiency.
Features at a glance
- The Two-piece, exposed trapway gives it a classic appeal and will allow it to blend in most bathrooms.
- Single-flush configuration with a 1.1GPF rating that can guarantee low water consumption.
- PowerWash Rim technology helps keep the bowl clean with every flush.
- EverClean glaze helps preserve the cleanliness of the bowl surface.
- Comfortable 16.5” floor-to-seat height makes it comfortable and easily accessible.
4. TOTO MS854114E#01 Eco Ultramax Elongated
The Toto MS854114E#01 Eco Ultramax Elongated Toilet is possibly one of the most fuss-free and water-efficient modern picks on this list. One look at it and you’ll know that it has all of the updates you need to improve the performance of your bathroom.
Also referred to as the Eco Ultramax, one of the main offerings of this item is low water consumption. Even with just a single flush system, it won’t use up a lot of water to get rid of waste. So if you’re kind of worried that 1.28 GPF doesn’t sound like a lot of water, it can still ensure that your solid waste will not have a hard time completing its journey out of your excretory and plumbing system.
How? It has the E-Max Flushing system. This uses a wide valve and an extra-large siphon jet to push waste down the trapway and effectively lead it to your pipes and sewer system. It ensures to remove waste effectively from your plumbing so you don’t have to worry about clogs and other gross issues that can occur with a poor flushing system.
Features at a glance
- The One-piece, exposed trapway design gives it an updated classic look.
- Single flush configuration with a 1.28GPF rating promises water efficiency.
- E-Max Flushing System guarantees effective flushing even with little water use.
- 8psi minimum water pressure requirement so you can opt for this product even if you have low water pressure.
- SoftClose toilet seat promises a high-quality seating attachment that won’t create loud noises when someone forgets to put down the seat or lid.
5. TOTO CST244EF#01 Entrada Two-Piece Elongated
If you’re partial to this brand but not sure about shelling out a lot of money, the Toto CST244EF#01 Entrada Two-Piece Elongated Toilet is something you should consider. As its name suggests, it’s the entry-level option so it’s also among the most affordable ones there is. With this, you can already enjoy the Toto quality and innovation without breaking the bank.
Despite its much lower price than the other items from the brand, Entrada has a lot to offer. It’s one of the more basic options from Toto but it definitely holds a candle against its competitors.
How? Let’s start with its appearance. This item may be a two-piece toilet but it doesn’t have an outdated vibe, even with its exposed trapway. Its close-coupled design and sleek lines give it a more modern appeal.
It’s also guaranteed to be water efficient even with just a single flush configuration. It doesn’t use a lot of water to get rid of solid waste because it’s equipped with an E-Max flushing system. It also works well even in areas with low water pressure, so that’s definitely a great plus.
Its ADA-compliant seat height completes its list of great features. So not only can it offer a comfortable perch but it’s also very accessible.
Features at a glance
- Close coupled, exposed trapway design gives it a contemporary look without sacrificing practicality.
- A single flush system with a 1.28GPF rating ensures water efficiency.
- E-Max flushing system guarantees effective flushing without using a lot of water.
- The ADA-compliant seat height of 17.2” makes it a comfortable and accessible toilet.
- The 8 psi minimum water pressure requirement guarantees that it can work even in places with low water pressure.
6. WoodBridge T-0001, Dual Flush Elongated
For a very modern option that will suit limited budgets, take a look at the Woodbridge T-0001, Dual Flush Elongated Toilet. Offering a modern look and features without costing a lot, this elongated toilet can be a great option for practical homes.
Like the other Woodbridge products listed above, the most striking thing about this item is its modern design. Despite having a budget-friendly price, it comes with many advanced features that you’ll more commonly find in pricier options. It’s sleek looking and with a dual flush configuration, making it look more expensive than it really is.
Further boosting its value for your money is the comfort it can offer. While it’s not an ADA-compliant product as its seat height is only at 16.5”, it can still be a very accessible option. This measurement doesn’t include the toilet seat yet, so with that on top, you’ll still be able to get a 17” tall toilet.
Its soft-closing toilet seat is a great plus, too. It’s solidly built and made not to slam down loudly. So if you’ve always struggled with the noise of slamming toilet seats and lids, this can be a good choice for you.
Features at a glance
- The One-piece, skirted trapway design makes it look very modern and easy to clean.
- Dual flush configuration rated at 1/1.6GPF promises low water consumption.
- Siphon flush action ensures effective flushing without the need for a lot of water.
- 5” seat height promises comfort and easy accessibility to users.
- A high-end soft-closing seats can help observe some peace and quiet in your home.
7. Renovators Supply Manufacturing Elongated Toilet
Not too fond of plain fixtures? The Renovators Supply Manufacturing Elongated Toilet can offer you a different option in terms of appearance. This item features a two-piece, exposed trapway design with some striking detailing in green and gold. So if you want a toilet that doesn’t look like everybody else’s, this can be a solid choice.
Equipped with a dual-flush system, this item also offers water efficiency. Its half flush is rated at 0.8gpf while its full flushes are rated at 1.6gpf, so it certainly won’t use up a lot of water. It effectively flushes down solids, too, so you don’t have to do multiple flushes to get rid of waste.
Comfort is another major offering of this item. It has a 16.75” seat height, so with the addition of a good toilet seat, it will certainly be a lot easier to sit in and get up from. Even those with mobility issues will not have a hard time using this toilet independently.
Features at a glance
- The Two-piece exposed trapway with India Reserve Elegant Green and Gold design gives it a unique classic look.
- Dual flush configuration is rated at 0.8/1.6GPF so it can help you cut down on water consumption.
- The reno-Gloss finish helps keep the surface pristine without any scratches, stains, or stuck debris.
- 75” seat height offers an accessible and comfortable seat.
- White porcelain with green and gold pattern detailing adds more charm to this item.
8. Kohler K-3589-0 Cimarron Comfort Height Elongated
Another great option that can update the look of an old bathroom without being too drastic is the Kohler K-3589-0 Cimarron Comfort Height Elongated Toilet. Like the other Kohler and toto items above, the Cimarron has a streamlined design that makes it look modern but its two-piece and exposed trapway design gives it a traditional touch. As a result, it won’t look out of place in an old house but also won’t look outdated.
Aside from its appearance, this item is also noted for how its flushing mechanism is designed. It has a very powerful flushing system that uses a patented canister called the AquaPiston. It directs water to flow into the bowl from all sides so the force to push down waste is made more powerful.
Features at a glance
- The Two-piece, exposed trapway design gives it a classic appeal.
- Single-flush configuration rated at 1.6gpf offers water efficiency.
- AquaPiston technology guarantees effective and powerful flushes.
- The light-Touch flush system doesn’t require a heavy hand when flushing so it reduces the chances of a short flush.
- DryLock™ System simplifies the installation process.
9. WOODBRIDGE T-0018/B-0735 Dual Flush Elongated
You can also check out the Woodbridge T-0018/B0735 Dual Flush Elongated Toilet if you’re looking for a practical and convenient choice for your bathroom. With its modern look, it can be a wise pick for a lot of new homes.
There are several things that make this item a practical option. For starters, it offers great value for the money, like the other Woodbridge items listed above. It’s very affordable and well-built so it can easily make a solid case for itself.
In terms of convenience, its features will definitely make things easier for you. Its one-piece skirted trapway design will make cleanups fast and easy since there are no nooks and crannies that will be hard to reach. It has a dual-flush design, too, so conserving water will be easier to do.
The fact that it comes with a toilet seat is also a great convenience. You will not have to look high and low for something that fits. And since it’s soft-closing, you can also be guaranteed that you don’t have to suffer from the noises of accidental seat slams can make. It’s also easy to remove, so you don’t have to worry about cleanups.
Features at a glance
- The One-piece skirted trapway design gives this item a very modern appeal and makes it easy to clean.
- A dual flush configuration will allow you to save water.
- Siphon flushing action offers effective and powerful flushes without making a lot of noise.
- Quick-release, the soft-closing toilet seat is very easy to work with and can prevent loud noises.
- The standard seat height of 15” promises comfort and accessibility.
10. TOTO CST744SL#01 Drake 2-Piece Ada Toilet
Completing our list of the best toilets with elongated seats is the Toto CST744SL#01 Drake 2-Piece ADA Toilet. It might not be noted for its comfortable seat length which measures 18.5” but it’s a very popular budget pick for those who get the best value for their money.
The Drake is mostly known for two things: durability and great flushing performance. Being a product of Toto, its solid build shouldn’t be too surprising. The brand is known for its high-quality products anyway. From the body to the replaceable components of the tank, you can rest assured that this Toto product will last you a long time.
The flushing performance is one of its most winning traits, however. Its G-Max flushing technology is very effective in pushing waste down the pipes, leaving homeowners worry-free about clogs or backflow problems.
Features at a glance
- The Two-piece, exposed trapway design has a classic appeal that will suit many bathrooms.
- Single-flush design rated at 1.6GPF promises low water consumption.
- G-Max flushing system provides a great push for effective flushing.
- ADA-compliant 17.6” seat height will provide accessibility to users with movement difficulties.
- 8psi minimum requirement ensures that this will also be a suitable choice for those with low water pressure.
Things To Consider Before Buying the Best Elongated Toilet
As our list above will show, the best-elongated toilets still have very different features. While you may have narrowed down your choices a bit by going for the elongated variety, there are still lots of factors to consider if you’re going to take a pick.
So to help you further in making a good choice, here are more tips that can help you find the perfect toilet for your home.
Pay attention to the seat measurement
If you’re very particular about getting an elongated seat toilet, then you should make sure to check this detail when looking at different products. Most elongated toilets measure 18” but you can find 19” ones as well if you look for them. This detail can make or break your choice, so do not skip this step.
Make a list of your needs and preferences
Again, as our list above might have told you, toilets are not made equally. They have various features that can make the way they perform differently from others. Some will suit your needs while others might not, so it’s crucial that you look for the features that will make a product a good fit for you.
Decide what you want the toilet to look like, how water-efficient you want your toilet to be, and how well it can clean the bowl with every flush. Take a look at how easy it is to install, clean, and maintain.
Do you have people with mobility problems at home? Then maybe you should look for ADA-compliant options as well. Know what you need from a toilet and look for those very qualities to make sure that you’ll end up with the right product.
Get to know your options
A good deal of research will also help you. The fact that you’re here is already a good start as it means that you’re looking for more information about elongated toilets. Continue to read reviews and guides so you can learn more about the products that are available to you.
Never compromise quality
To avoid serious problems and get the most out of your purchase, you should make sure that the item you’ll get is of excellent quality. Many toilet brands have great reputations connected to this aspect, so you can also start your search with their offerings.
Take your budget into consideration
Toilets come in different price points, so your budget can also help you narrow down your options.
Don’t worry even if you have a low budget because there are lots of good affordable options. If you paid attention to our list above, even the biggest brands today have low-priced offerings, so you don’t have to compromise the quality by spending less.
Top-rated Elongated Toilets Comparison Chart
|MODEL||DESIGN||FLUSH & GPF||ADVANCED FEATURES||EASE OF USE|
|WOODBRIDGE T-0019, Dual Flush Elongated One Piece Toilet with a very modern look||One-piece, skirted trapway design||Dual-flush configuration with a rating of 1/1.6 GPF||Siphon flushing||Comfortable seat height , and Soft-closing toilet seat|
|KOHLER K-3999-0 Highline Comfort Height two-piece elongated||Two-piece, exposed trapway design||Single-flush configuration with a 1.28GPF||Class Five flushing system promises top-notch bulk flushing||Comfortable seat|
|American Standard 288AA114.020 H2 Optimum||Two-piece, exposed trapway design||Single-flush configuration with a 1.1GPF||PowerWash Rim technology||Comfortable 16.5” floor to seat|
|TOTO MS854114E#01 Eco Ultramax Elongated||One-piece, exposed trapway design||Single flush configuration with a 1.28GPF||E-Max Flushing System||SoftClose toilet seat|
|TOTO CST244EF#01 Entrada Two-Piece Elongated||Close coupled, exposed trapway design||Single flush system with 1.28GPF||E-Max flushing systemLight hanger, and|
|ADA compliant seat height at 17.2” makes it a comfortable and accessible toilet|
|WoodBridge T-0001, Dual Flush Elongated||One-piece, skirted trapway design||Dual flush configuration rated at 1/1.6GPF||Siphon flush actionDouble zipper door||Comfortable 5” seat height seat|
|Renovators Supply Manufacturing Elongated Toilet||Two-piece exposed trapway Design||Dual flush configuration rated at 0.8/1.6GPF||Reno-Gloss finish||Comfortable seat|
|Kohler K-3589-0 Cimarron Comfort Height Elongated||Two-piece, exposed trapway design||Single-flush configuration rated at 1.6gpf||AquaPiston technology for powerful flushes plus Light-Touch flush system||DryLock™ System simplifies the installation process|
|WOODBRIDGE T-0018/B-0735 Dual Flush Elongated||One-piece skirted trapway design||Dual flush configuration to save water||Siphon flushing action||Quick-release, and soft-closing toilet seat|
|TOTO CST744SL#01 Drake 2-Piece Ada Toilet||Two-piece, exposed trapway design||Single-flush design rated at 1.6GPF||G-Max flushing system||ADA-compliant 17.6” seat height|