Review of the Best Pressure Assisted Toilets
To give you a concrete idea of what the finest pressure-assisted toilets are like and which products are considered as such, here are five of our picks that you might find interesting:
1. American Standard 2462.016.020
Pressure assist toilets have been around for quite a while now so we deemed it’s best to start with a product that many will feel familiar with. We chose the American Standard 2462.016.020 as our first recommendation because it’s pretty much a regular toilet but with extra oomph. And that oomph can be very beneficial to many homeowners.
With its close-coupled flushometer tank, this product promises to provide a powerful push to get rid of waste. Like other pressure-assist toilets, it makes use of additional air pressure within the internal tank to create the force it needs to perform the way it does.
Combined with its EverClean Surface treatment, this product also promises to help you maintain the cleanliness and good hygiene of your bathroom. The high-pressure flushing can also effectively scrape off the stuck debris and other things that might cling to the bowl’s surface. The surface treatment, on the other hand, help make it harder for the remaining bacteria, mold, and mildew to stay and proliferate on the surface. As a result, you get a cleaner and healthier toilet bowl.
With its pressure-assist capabilities, this toilet is also a great pick for residences with low water pressure. It can work with as low as 25 psi to up to 80 psi without a hitch. However, due to the strong water pressure, you might need to get used to the loud flushing that it tends to make.
Features at a glance
- Two-piece elongated bowl makes this a pretty standard option.
- Pressure-assisted siphon jet flush action provides additional force in pushing waste down the toilet.
- 6 gpf rating ensures water efficiency.
- EverClean Surface provides additional sanitizing properties to the surface of the toilet as it’s made to inhibit the growth of odor-causing microorganisms and stains.
- Close-coupled flushometer tank provides pressure assistance, ensuring that every flush has enough power to push waste down and clean the surfaces of the bowl.
- Speed Connect tank makes it easy to set up.
2. American Standard 2467016.020
Another option from the same reliable brand is the American Standard 2467016.020. Like the item listed above, this is a 2-piece set that is a pretty common option for pressure-assisted toilets. It’s not the most modern-looking pick but it can still win many homeowners over because of how effective its performance can be.
Again, like the item also has an internal tank that helps create additional air pressure for powerful flushes. This makes it a great choice for those with low water pressure or those who wish to install a bathroom in a part of their house with plumbing concerns.
Just how well does it perform? With a MaP score of 1000 grams, it’s a highly recommended toilet by the testing body. The MaP test measures the amount of solid waste a toilet can get rid of completely in a single flush, so it’s a very reliable measure of how a toilet performs. 1000 grams is one of the highest scores they give to tank-type toilets.
The beauty of pressure-assisted toilets is that they’re also quite water efficient. This particular item is rated at 1.6 gpf so you can be sure that you won’t use a lot of water if you wish to use this toilet properly.
What really makes this product stand out, however, is its comfort height. Also known as the Cadet Right Height toilet, its seat measures 16.25” from the floor so it’s rather tall. This makes it easier to sit on and get up from. While it’s not exactly within the parameters of the Americans with Disabilities Act’s (ADA) 17 to 19”, many still find it worth going for.
Features at a glance
- Two-piece design allows easy part replacement in case one part gets damaged.
- Pressure-assisted siphon jet guarantees powerful performance.
- 6 gpf rating will keep your water consumption low.
- 25” seat height promises great comfort to many users.
- EverClean Surface helps simplify its cleanups and maintenance.
3. Zurn Z5572 Dual Flush, Elongated Pressure Assist
Want to push your bathroom’s water efficiency further? The Zurn Z5572 Dual Flush, Elongated Pressure Assist Toilet might do the trick for you. As its name suggests, it’s a dual flush toilet so you get to use less water in getting rid of liquid waste. With its full flush rated at 1.6 gpf and its partial flush rated at 1.1 gpf, you can save a significant amount of water if you don’t really have to push solid waste down the pipes.
Of course, its pressure-assist feature also helps make this product very water efficient. With its EcoFlush Technology, it uses an internal tank to effectively generate air pressure within the water tank. It has dual-function technology and a pressure regulator to ensure consistent performance. And to prevent any issues later on, it’s also equipped to relieve air pressure in case of buildup. These make this feature a lot more reliable.
Another great plus about the Z5572 is its ultra-quiet flush. As pressure-assisted toilets tend to be very loud, this product addresses that problem by working on its noise reduction. This will allow you to use your toilet without any hesitations no matter what time of day it is.
Features at a glance
- Two-piece toilet ensures easy part replacement.
- Dual-flush configuration promises water efficiency. It’s rated at 1.6 gpf for a full flush and 1.1 gpf for a partial flush.
- Siphon jet flush action guarantees powerful flushing performance.
- EcoFlush technology uses the patented WDI technology to boost flush pressure and help you save water by 20%.
- Ultra-quiet flush so you don’t have to trade off the peace and quiet of your home to a more effective flush.
4. Kohler K-3493-RA-0 Highline Classic
The Kohler K-3493-RA-0 Highline Classic is another good option if you prefer something from a popular brand. Again, it’s one of the more basic-looking picks from the manufacturer but it can certainly suit many households’ requirements, thanks to its high-powered flushing.
What allows this item to have a pressure-assist functionality is its use of a Sloan Flushmate vessel. This is basically the internal tank that is designed to generate the air pressure needed to give a powerful flush without using a lot of water. It’s one of the most popular options in the market right now, so if you’re interested in getting one anyway, it might be better to get it with a high-quality toilet at the same time.
On top of its pressure-assist technology, this product is also rated at 1.6 gpf so you can count on it to help you conserve water. While it would use the same amount of water for both liquid and solid waste, it’s still a better option than older toilets.
Features at a glance
- Two-piece bowl promises convenient maintenance and upkeep.
- Single flush engineering makes the item less fussy.
- 6 gpf rating guarantees water efficiency.
- Sloan FLUSHMATE® pressure-assist technology guarantees top-notch quality and performance.
- Noise-mapping and frequency analysis promise quiet performance.
- Comfort seat height at 17 ⅛” so you won’t have a hard time sitting down and getting up from it.
- Right handle lever for comfortable flushing.
5. Kohler K-3493-0 Highline Classic
Last but not least is the Kohler K-3493-0 Highline Classic. Despite its simple appearance, this product can be a great fit in many households. This is especially true for those who live in low-water pressure areas or those planning on adding more toilets to the upper levels of their home without installing a water pump. It can work with as little as 20 psi, so it can be the very solution to many people’s woes.
Aside from its powerful water pressure that can make #2s smoother than ever, this product is also very water efficient. The way it boosts the water pressure helps greatly in this matter simply because it uses air pressure instead of water volume to push waste down. It’s also meant to use a small amount of water in the first place since it’s rated at 1.6 gpf.
Another notable feature of this item is its comfortable seat height. According to the ADA, toilets should be at least 17-19” to be comfortable to sit on. This product meets this requirement as its floor-to-seat height is 17.1”.
Features at a glance
- Two-piece bowl gives it a classic look and a practical appeal.
- Single flush design further simplifies its maintenance.
- 6 gpf rating will help ensure that you’ll get to conserve water.
- Comfort seat height at 17” so it’s comfortable to perch on. It’s also ADA-compliant.
- Sloan Flushmate vessel provides the pressure assistance you need to better flush solid waste without consuming more water.
- Left handle lever
Things Need You Should Know About the Best Pressure Assisted Toilets Before Buying
With 5 attractive products presented to you, we hope you were able to get a better understanding of what the best pressure-assisted toilets are. However, despite these great choices, we know it’s not easy to take a pick. So to help you shape your decision better, we have a few tips that might come in handy for your search.
Be particular about the quality
This tip applies to pretty much anything that you wish to buy but it’s especially true for toilets. You’ll want these things to last for many reasons. For one, they’re expensive, so you want to get your money’s worth. Two, they can be hard to fix. The labor can be tricky and it can get messy, so you cannot compromise quality.
This is also extra important to pressure-assist toilets since there’s an extra feature that will work hard for you. It would be great to turn to a dependable brand so you can be sure that you’re getting a reliable product that’s worth your money.
Look at the other features
Pressure-assisted toilets will naturally have powerful flushes and are very water efficient. However, those two are not enough if you want the best performance from your purchase. You might also need a few extra features, so make sure to keep your eyes peeled for those things as well.
One feature you might not want to miss out on with these items is a quiet flush system. This functionality will help keep the peace and quiet in your household as it will prevent the toilet to create a racket and successfully announce to everyone that someone used the toilet and flushed it down.
Consider your budget
While pressure-assisted toilets aren’t always the most expensive, they can still come in a wide variety of price points. So if you want to make the most out of your purchase, you should also create a budget and then stick to it.
Consider the look of your space
Most of the pressure-assist toilets we’ve presented above aren’t exactly the sleekest and most modern of all options. This is mostly because this type of bathroom fixture is more commonly available in a 2-piece format. However, you can find one-piece options with the same functionality. So if that’s what you need, you should go for products with such aesthetics.
Top-rated Pressure Assisted Toilets Comparison Chart
|American Standard 2462.016.020||Two-piece elongated bowl||6 gpf rating||Close-coupled flushometer, EverClean Surface||Speed Connect tank makes it easy to set up|
|American Standard 2467016.020||Two-piece design||6 gpf rating||EverClean Surface||25” seat height promises great comfort to many users|
|Zurn Z5572 Dual Flush, Elongated Pressure Assist||Two-piece toilet||1.6 gpf||Dual-flush, EcoFlush technology, Siphon jet flush action||Ultra-quiet flush|
|Kohler K-3493-RA-0 Highline Classic||Two-piece bowl||6 gpf rating||Sloan FLUSHMATE® pressure-assist technology, Noise-mapping and frequency analysis promise quiet performance||Comfort seat height at 17 ⅛”, Right handle lever for comfortable flushing|
|Kohler K-3493-0 Highline Classic||Two-piece bowl||6 gpf||Sloan Flushmate vessel||Comfort seat height at 17”|