Review of the Best Toto Toilets
Firstly, let’s start off with the finest selection of toilets from the brand. Here are our 10 picks that might tickle your fancy:
TOTO MS604114CEFG#11 UltraMax II One-Piece Elongated
Let’s start with a pretty basic option, the Toto MS604114CEFG#11 UltraMax II toilet. As a traditional one-piece toilet, it will offer you a modern upgrade from your older unit. Its appearance may be quite simple but it’s what inside that matters for this product.
So, what’s inside? First off, as a modern option, it guarantees water efficiency. While this item is only a single flush option, its GPF rating is still pretty decent at 1.28. It can really help you save water even if you don’t have the option to use less water to flush out liquid waste.
Its Tornado Flush technology makes this possible. Many believe that this feature revolutionized how modern toilets work as it made gravity-fed toilets work better. What’s even better is that it’s not just about getting rid of solid waste with ease. It also uses force to get rid of stuck debris on the surface, cleaning your toilet with every push of the chrome tip lever.
On top of these, your comfort is also guaranteed by the UltraMax II. Since this item is ADA compliant and has a toilet seat height of 17 ¼”, you can be sure that everyone in your household will not have a hard time in sitting down and getting up from its perch.
Features at a Glance
- One-piece, elongated design promises comfort and easy maintenance.
- 17 ¼” height makes this toilet comfortable to sit in and ADA compliant.
- Single flush design rated at 1.28 gpf ensures water efficiency.
- Cefiontect glaze simplifies cleanups and maintenance by making the bowl surface smoother.
- Tornado Flush technology further guarantees water efficiency through its great flushing power and mechanism.
TOTO MS854114ELG#01 Eco Ultramax ADA Elongated
Up next is the Toto MS854114ELG#01 Eco Ultramax ADA Elongated One Piece Toilet. It’s not too different from the previous item in appearance and price. However, there are a few things that can differentiate the two, so it’s important to take a closer look.
Let’s start with the similarities first. Both are very water-efficient with a rating of 1.28 gpf, so even they’re of the single flush variety, you won’t feel too bad about your water consumption when flushing down liquid waste. Both are also one-piece options so cleanups shouldn’t be that difficult.
Where they really differ is in the flushing technologies they have. The Eco Ultramax comes with the E-Max Flushing system instead of the Tornado Flush like the UltraMax II so this can be a dealbreaker for many. Instead of using a dual-nozzle propulsion system, however, it uses an extra-large siphon jet with a 3” valve for a powerful push without using a lot of water. It’s also very quiet, so trips to the bathroom don’t have to create a ruckus within your home.
As for its maintenance, the one-piece design is accompanied by the SanaGloss finish. The CefionTect ceramic glaze is also optionally available, so if you want to get that, you should get in touch with your seller. The SanaGloss finish, however, can easily stand on its own, as it can also effectively keep the bowl’s surface spotless.
Features at a Glance
- One-piece, elongated design makes it an easy to clean and comfortable pick.
- E-Max Flushing system rated at 1.28 gpf guarantees water efficiency.
- 6772” seat height makes it ADA compliant and comfortable to sit in.
- SoftClose® seat to ensure quiet use.
- SanaGloss finish keeps the surface clean and easy to maintain.
- Optional CefionTect ceramic glaze for a smoother and more hygienic surface.
TOTO CST243EF#01 Entrada Two-Piece Round
Many shy away from this brand because of its products’ price tag. However, with the Toto CST243EF#01 Entrada Two-Piece Round, you can enjoy the many benefits of a Toto product sans the hefty price tag.
Costing a fraction of the price of the other items on this list, the Toto Entrada is pretty much an entry-level pick, as its name would suggest. Sure, it’s not as sleek as the one-piece and other more modern designs in the list but it still has its advantages. For one, you won’t need to replace the entire toilet if something malfunctions. It’s rounded bowl also makes it a space saver, so if you have a tiny bathroom, this will do the trick.
Despite looking like the old traditional toilets, it’s very modern when it comes to water efficiency. It’s 1.28 gpf is definitely a great proof of this. So even if it’s a single flush kind of toilet, it still won’t consume too much water.
Its E-Max Flushing technology also helps make this item water-efficient. By using a large siphon jet with a 3” valve, it generates enough power to strongly push waste down without using more water in the process.
To further guarantee its eco-friendliness, this product is also CalGreen certified, which means that it meets the California Green Buildings Standards Code. This program is a standard for environmentally-friendly performance for bathroom and kitchen fixtures so getting certified is a good sign of water-efficiency.
Features at a Glance
- Two-piece rounded toilet design makes this product a very practical option for many.
- Single flush design rated at 1.28 gpf will ensure that you won’t consume too much water with every flush.
- E-max Flushing Technology guarantees water-efficient and powerful flushes.
- ADA compliant seat height of 17 ¼” promises user comfort.
- CalGreen compliant so it can be a good pick for those who want to get an eco-friendly toilet.
TOTO MS853113E#01 Eco Ultramax Round Front One Piece Toilet
Liked the previous item but not the two-piece setup? Then check out the Toto MS853113E#01 Eco Ultramax Round Front One Piece Toilet. This pretty much upgrades the previous item as it offers the convenience of a modern one-piece toilet with more basic features. As a result, you’ll get a more budget-friendly choice that will still suit your modern home.
Two of the most notable things about the Eco Ultramax Round Front is its one-piece design and rounded bowl. This makes it easier to clean and a better choice for smaller bathrooms. Not only is its one-piece design easier to clean but with its more streamlined shape, it would also help you save some space.
Of course, the rounded bowl is also space-efficient. Since it doesn’t extend forward, it doesn’t occupy a lot of space inside the bathroom.
Water efficiency is also another advantage of this product. It has a 1.28 gpf rating so you can count on it to help you reduce your water consumption. Even if it’s a single flush toilet, it still significantly uses less water than older toilet models. And with the help of its E-Max flushing technology, it’s very effective in getting rid of not just liquid waste but also solid waste.
Another thing you might like from this product is its affordability. It’s still more expensive than the previous item but for a modern one-piece option with its set of features, it’s already a steal.
Features at a Glance
- One-piece rounded toilet offers a very practical pick for those with smaller bathrooms.
- Single flush 1.28 gpf rating guarantees excellent water efficiency.
- E-max Flushing Technology promises efficient flushing that won’t create a ruckus in your home.
- SoftClose seat helps ensure the household’s peace and quiet.
- 6” seat height makes it a good choice for growing homes.
TOTO CST746CEMG#01 Drake Two-Piece Elongated Dual Flush
Another budget-friendly pick that will give you many modern conveniences is the Toto CST476CEMG#01 Drake Two-Piece Elongated Dual Flush Toilet. This item is way more affordable than many of the items listed here but comes with several advanced features that make it quite a steal.
Like the other two-piece option mentioned above, you can also expect the Toto Drake to be low-priced. This makes it easier to maintain, especially since you can replace the tank or the toilet if the need arises. It helps you avoid the need to replace the entire thing, making it quite an economical choice.
Don’t think that the Drake toilet is an entry-level option, though. This product is actually loaded with great features that are found in more expensive options. For starters, it has a dual flush configuration, so you can further minimize your water consumption. Its partial flush only consumes 0.8 gpf so you don’t have to feel like your flushing money down the toilet after you pee. Its full flush also only uses up 1.28 gpf – still significantly less than other pricier models.
To make its flushes effective, this product is equipped with the Dynamax Tornado Flush which takes the Tornado Flush up a notch. It makes sure that the water runs through the rim and passes through the entire bowl surface so it cleans the bowl while you flush. Combined with the Cefiontect ceramic glaze, you can be sure that your toilet will stay clean for much longer in between scrubbings.
Features at a Glance
- Two-piece elongated toilet promises convenience, comfort, and easy maintenance.
- Dual flush configuration makes it very water-efficient. It’s rated at 1.28 gpf for a full flush and 0.8 gpf for a partial flush.
- Dynamax Tornado Flush offers great water efficiency as well as effective and fuss-free surface cleaning.
- Cefiontect ceramic glaze further helps in easy maintenance and good hygiene of the toilet.
- Reduced water flow resistance design helps it operate quietly despite its powerful flushing.
TOTO Drake Elongated Bowl and Tank, Cotton White
Not to be confused with the item above, the Toto Drake Elongated Bowl and Tank CST744S is another option that you can explore if you’re after a practical and convenient option. It may not be as sleek as the others listed above, it’s definitely one of the easiest to maintain. Its two-piece, close-coupled design certainly makes its upkeep simple.
Another solid feature this product has is its G-Max Flushing system which is pretty much commercial grade. Its powerful and effective, thanks to its wider flush valve. It’s also very quiet, so not everyone at home will know that someone’s in the bathroom.
Unlike the other Drake above, however, this product only comes with an optional Cefiontect finish. It’s recommended that you get this extra, though, to further ensure the easy maintenance of your unit.
Features at a Glance
- Two-piece close coupled toilet offers easy maintenance to homeowners.
- Single flush setup rated at 1.6 gpf makes it water efficient.
- G-Max Flushing System offers commercial-grade flushing power to this toilet.
- 6” seat height makes it a suitable choice for many homes.
- Optional Cefiontect ceramic glaze finish for more convenience and easier maintenance.
TOTO CST744E#01 Eco Drake Two-Piece Elongated
Another Eco Drake option is the Toto CST744E#01 Eco Drake Two-Piece Elongated toilet. While it’s pretty much the same model as the two items above, it has a few different features so it can still be a solid alternative to many homeowners.
What sets the Toto CST744E apart from the other two Eco Drakes above is its E-Max flushing system. As mentioned above, this uses a dual-nozzle mechanism to create enough force to push waste down the toilet effectively. This might be a better choice than the other technologies for some homeowners, so it’s definitely worth a shot. Rated at 1.28 gpf, it can definitely be the water-saving feature your home needs.
Features at a Glance
- Two-piece, close-coupled, elongated toilet design makes it very easy to maintain and clean.
- Single flush engineering rated at 1.28 gpf guarantees water efficiency.
- E-Max flushing system promises powerful and eater-efficient performance.
- Optional Cefiontect ceramic glaze can boost its easy maintenance and practicality.
- 6” seat height makes it a suitable option for many households.
TOTO MS446124CEMG#01 Aquia IV WASHLET Elongated Dual Flush
Want something convenient but also modern-looking at the same time? Then check out the Toto MS446124CEMG#01 Aquia IV Washlet Elongated Dual Flush toilet. This product offers the best of both worlds with its streamlined two-piece construction that looks like a one-piece so it combines form and function effortlessly.
This design is so notable because it will allow you to enjoy the look of a modern toilet without the hassles of owning one. Many households still prefer two-piece toilets because broken parts are easier to replace. So with this beautiful design, you’ll get the advantages of both types.
Add to this the skirted design of the bowl and you’ll free yourself from the hassle of cleaning around nooks and crannies. These make this item not just water-efficient and reliable but also something easy to maintain and practical to have in a busy home.
Features at a Glance
- Two-piece elongated design that looks like a one-piece, making it convenient and modern looking at the same time.
- Dual flush configuration rated at 1.28 gpf (full flush) and 0.8 (partial flush) makes this product very water efficient.
- Dynamax Tornado Flush system promises further water conservation through effective and powerful flushing.
- Cefiontect ceramic glaze makes it easier to maintain and clean.
- Skirted design further makes it look more modern and easier to clean.
TOTO CST744SL#01 Drake 2-Piece Ada Toilet
If you liked the Toto CST744S mentioned above, then you might also want to consider the Toto CST744SL#01 Drake 2-Piece ADA Toilet. This product offers a bit of an upgrade to the aforementioned pick because this one has an ADA compliant comfort seat.
This means that it has a taller seat height at 17.6”, making it easier to sit on and get up from. The height is comfortable enough for many PWDs with limited motion range, making them a better choice to create a more inclusive home or establishment.
Features at a Glance
- Two-piece elongated toilet promises comfort and convenience.
- Single flush design rated at 1.6 gpf ensures water efficiency.
- G-Max Flushing Technology guarantees efficiency not just in water consumption but also in pushing waste down the plumbing.
- ADA compliant 17.6” toilet seat height promises ease of movement and comfort to users.
TOTO CST454CEFG#01 Drake II 2-Piece Toilet
Rounding out our list is the Toto CST454CEFG#01 Drake II 2-Piece Toilet. Like the other Drake models above, this item is loaded with the best features from the brand, offering practicality and convenience.
Out of all the Drakes in this list, however, this is the only one equipped with the actual Tornado Flush Technology so expect it to be a bit pricier. It also comes with the Cefiontect ceramic glaze and an ADA compliant seat height of 17.25”. With these, it pretty much offers the basics of what everyone wants from a Toto product.
Features at a Glance
- Two-piece elongated design makes it easy to clean and maintain.
- Single flush design with a 1.28 gpf rating promises reduced water consumption.
- Tornado Flush System promises efficiency in terms of water use and flushing capabilities.
- Optional Cefiontect ceramic glaze finish help make maintenance simpler and easier for homeowners.
- 25” seat height makes this product ADA compliant and comfortable to sit in.
Top-rated Toto Toilets Comparison Chart
|TOTO MS604114CEFG#11 UltraMax II One-Piece Elongated||elongated design||single flush option||Tornado Flush technology||17 ¼”||easy maintenance|
|TOTO MS854114ELG#01 Eco Ultramax ADA Elongated||elongated design||Single flush||E-Max Flushing system||17”||Easy cleanups|
|TOTO CST243EF#01 Entrada Two-Piece Round||Two-piece rounded toilet design||single flush||E-Max Flushing technology||17 ¼”||Not specified|
|TOTO MS853113E#01 Eco Ultramax Round Front One Piece Toilet||modern one-piece toilet||Single flush||E-Max flushing technology||6” seat height||easier to clean|
|TOTO CST746CEMG#01 Drake Two-Piece Elongated Dual Flush||Two-piece elongated toilet||Dual flush||Dynamax Tornado Flush||Not specified||fuss-free surface cleaning
& easy maintenance
|TOTO Drake Elongated Bowl and Tank, Cotton White||Two-piece elongated toilet||Single flush||G-Max Flushing system||6” seat height||Optional Cefiontect ceramic glaze finish for more convenience and easier maintenance|
|TOTO CST744E#01 Eco Drake Two-Piece Elongated||Two-piece, close-coupled, elongated toilet design||Single flush||E-Max flushing system||6” seat height||Optional Cefiontect ceramic glaze can boost its easy maintenance and practicality|
|TOTO MS446124CEMG#01 Aquia IV WASHLET Elongated Dual Flush||Two-piece elongated design||Dual flush||Dynamax Tornado Flush||Not specified||Cefiontect ceramic glaze makes it easier to maintain and clean|
|TOTO CST744SL#01 Drake 2-Piece Ada Toilet||Two-piece elongated toilet||Single flush||G-Max Flushing Technology||17.6”||Not specified|
|TOTO CST454CEFG#01 Drake II 2-Piece Toilet||Two-piece elongated design||Single flush||Tornado Flush System||25”||Optional Cefiontect ceramic glaze finish help make maintenance simpler and easier for homeowners|
Important Things to Consider When Buying Best Toto Toilet
Ready to choose the best Toto toilet for your home or are you still confused with your options? That’s completely understandable since many of the products above are very similar and are all have compelling features. To help you gain a better understanding of what’s available to you, here are a few things to note:
Ample research will let you get to know your options better.
Doing a preliminary check of your options is a good way to get an idea of what’s available and what you can choose from. Do some research before you make a choice so you can be sure that you’ve checked out everything that is available to you before you decide on what to get. Read product reviews, in particular, so you can be better acquainted with the brand’s offerings.
Decide on what you want.
Creating a list of the features that you need to get in your Toto toilet is a must if you want to have an easy time choosing the right product for you. Since this brand comes with different features that offer similar functionalities, it’s crucial that you take note of them so you’ll know which one to go for.
What are the main features to decide on?
Pay close attention to these features:
- Flush technology
- Single vs dual flush configuration
- One or two-piece design
- Seat height
- Type of surface finish
Set a budget.
Once you know what you want and what are the available options from Toto, you can now set a budget. Since their products come in different price points, it’s crucial to set the right budget if you want to get the exact specifications you’re after. If you don’t you can always settle for something less fancy in appearance but still high performing, however.